Legal Assistant - Securities
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is a full service law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, and flexible work environment for its members.
Our firm has an immediate opening for an intermediate Legal Assistant (minimum 5 years) to support our Securities Department. The successful candidate is a self-starter and able to provide exceptional legal and administrative support within our Securities department.
The duties and responsibilities of the Legal Assistant include:
- Manage key dates and update calendars for lawyers
- Schedule appointments, track due dates
- Liaise/coordinate with clients and third parties
- Open and distribute lawyers' mail
- Open and close files, enter dockets and prepare accounts, liaise with accounting department
- Ensure electronic and physical filing is up-to-date
- Other administrative duties as required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a law firm with focus on securities law
- Legal Assistant diploma from a recognized educational post-secondary institution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of legal terminology and initiative to stay current on legislation and terminology
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of legal software including 2013 Microsoft Office, Aderant
- Knowledge of SEDAR would be considered an asset
- Conscientious with a strong attentional to detail
- Customer-service oriented
- A professional demeanor.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits program. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, employee assistance, and employee discount services. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our Firm strives to continue to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.