TLOMA Finance SIG - Cross Country Checkup on Law Firm Finances
This event is a cross section of law firm administrators who will discuss what they are doing differently, if anything, as a result of COVID-19. Topics could include:
- Some firms have cancelled or stopped renovations or expansion of office space;
- Some firms have redone their benefit plans (reducing coverage);
- Some firms have not opted to take advantage of the wage subsidies some have;
- Some have had to beef up or change accounting systems to accommodate remote working;
- Some have seen a real reduction in costs recoveries;
- Some firms have increased credit card payment and the associated increase in fees by credit card processors.
It is meant to be a sharing exercise of the changes that appear to be laid at the doorstep of COVID-19 and whether they are permanent changes; good or bad changes; and any insight into other changes you may see coming down the road.