TLOMA Marketing SIG - Public Relations for Your Law Firm - Positioning Your Key Staff & Partners As Thoughts Leaders
In this session, we explain what public relations is all about in its various forms. We’ll look at how PR has been done in the past, how it’s working now and how our firm can leverage it for the future. We’ll work together to build a strategy and come up with ideas for your firm. We provide a foundational understanding of the various factors that affect landing articles, interviews, news segments and on television. We’ll cover how to position your partners and key staff and look at the difference between earning media, advertorial, sponsored content and come up with some listicle and op ed ideas. For those who have outsourced PR we’ll give you the questions to ask and the tools to use to either bring PR in house or be able to better monitor your vendor.
- The benefits of investing in PR and how it can integrate with a broader marketing campaign
- How to evaluate the company’s current PR strategy for effectiveness
- Familiarity with various PR opportunities
- Best practices, tips and tricks from industry experts
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the benefit of having strong PR plan in place for your firm
- Differentiate between the various PR avenues, the benefits of each one, and their role in the broader marketing calendar
- Completion of running through the various PR tools where you’ll see how each work and the pros and cons of each
Public Relations For Law Firms
- The importance of telling your story
- Using PR to stay human in a tech-forward world
- Off-site SEO and how PR can help you get on the first page of Google
- How PR helps HR and recruitment
- Using PR to effectively reach your target market
- Expanding your reach through multiple platforms
- Increasing your client's trust through PR
There is no charge for a TLOMA Member to attend this event. A non-member fee of $67.80 ($60.00 + HST) will apply. Payment is to be provided to TLOMA prior to the event.
If you wish to attend this SIG via Live Video Stream, please indicate in your registration. Details of the live video stream will follow closer to the date of the event.
Members are encouraged to invite individuals and prospective members from their firm who may benefit from this topic.
LMA Members: $25.00 plus HST ($28.25)
In an effort to align with TLOMA membership requirements, any LMA member attending a TLOMA event must also be an employee of a law firm.
A buffet lunch will be provided.
Fri. Aug 16, 2019
To REGISTER, click on the REGISTER button on the top left.
Please indicate any dietary restrictions with your registration.
24 hours’ notice is required for cancellation of all reservations. No-Shows will be charged $67.80 ($60.00 + HST). If you are registered and cannot attend the seminar, you can always send another TLOMA member from your firm for no charge or send a non-member for the fee of $67.80 ($60.00 + HST).