Client Relations & Event Coordinator
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Client Relations & Event Coordinator to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Programming & Events, the Client Relations & Events Coordinator will be responsible for event team support for client events, seminars, sponsorships, tradeshows and conferences. This position will participate in event coordination for small, Toronto-based events and seminars, provide logistical and creative support and manage the Blakes Boutique (branded merchandise) website.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Blakes Boutique gifting and promotional products including coordination of time-sensitive orders with lawyers and assistants
- Overseeing the Blakes Boutique website and Toronto inventory page by ensuring the website is up-to-date, answering inquiries and liaising with website vendors
- Managing the holiday gifting program
- Sourcing, ordering and managing inventory and gifting supplies (i.e., cards, gift packaging, etc.)
- Tracking orders and financial reporting
- Coordinating Toronto tickets, including seasonal Leafs tickets and suites, Jays tickets, as well as other sporting and entertainment tickets as requested
- Maintaining and managing the ticket calendar and assigning tickets and delivering tickets to lawyers
- Planning and executing small events and seminars, including coordinating logistics, setting up, onsite support, delivering high standards throughout the planning process and contributing to high-quality client experiences
- Working with the Creative Services and Marketing Technology teams to draft and distribute various print and electronic event materials
- Coordinating the creation and approval of invitation lists and managing the invitation process as required
- Maintaining the Event Portal by ensuring accuracy of data and liaising with other offices
- Coordinating event volunteer scheduling and maintaining venue lists
- Creating and issuing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificates to attendees of client-specific seminars, as well as CPD teaching certificates for all accredited seminar presenters
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent or a college diploma with a focus in marketing and/or events
- Minimum of two years of corporate event coordination experience
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with database management and reporting; SharePoint experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, juggle several events and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Comfortable interacting and working collaboratively with Firm members at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and client-service skills
- Sound problem-solving skills and judgment
- Strong logistical and strategic planning skills
- A creative thinker who strives to deliver outstanding outcomes
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.