Cash Application Specialist
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Accounts Receivable Clerk within our Toronto office. This position reports to the Director of Finance, Revenue located in Toronto and will be responsible for cash receipts functions for all Dentons Canada offices. This position is scheduled to work 9:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. During month-end periods, some overtime and flexibility may be required to meet demands of the role. Discretion, confidentiality and attention to detail are essential to this role and required at all times.
- Allocate cheques and coordinate deposit to bank.
- Responsible for allocating wires and direct deposits to invoices.
- Investigate and process any refunds to clients for overpayments.
- Process credit card payments.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Provide assistance/backup support as required to others in the Finance Department and within the local Toronto office as required.
- Other special projects as required.
- Must have working knowledge of general accounting procedures;
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills are necessary;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Demonstrates tact and discretion, sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Commitment to privacy and ethical conduct with a strong ability to ensure all firm policies and control procedures are met;
- Superb organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and effectively with individuals at all levels within a team-oriented environment;
- Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritize work;
- Proven track record of being adaptable to change in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada SLP
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes will be destroyed after three months.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.