Junior Family Law Assistant
Ricketts Harris LLP is a well-established law firm located on the subway line in downtown Toronto. Our firm is professional, client-serviced focused that provides a team-oriented and friendly working environment for all lawyers and staff.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Legal Assistant with at least 1 – 5 years prior Family Law experience. For the right candidate, this is a terrific opportunity to grow their skills.
- Booking client appointments, coordinating arrangements for meetings/conferences and court attendances
- Putting together briefs and documents for court
- Drafting general correspondence to clients and lawyers
- Enter and amend financial information in DivorceMate
- Compose, transcribe, format and proofread all documentation for grammar, spelling and content accuracy
- Filing and organization of client files
- Maintaining calendar and tickler system for deadlines
- Handle all related accounting procedures – Lighthouse Legal Accounting experience is an asset
- Miscellaneous tasks as required
- Minimum of 1 -5 years legal firm experience in Family Law
- Successful completion of a post-secondary legal assistant/law clerk program
- University degree preferred
- Familiarity with Family Law Rules
- Strong technical skills using: MS Office 2016, Nuance PDF, Excel, Philips SpeechExec Pro Dictate, DivorceMate
- Strong communication skills and very organized
- Client service orientated, self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Detail oriented with strong proofreading skills
- Team player
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
We appreciate and thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.