Bereskin & Parr LLP (B&P) is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property law firms. We have approximately 240 firm members, including more than 80 lawyers, patent and trademark agents and students, with four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment.
We are currently looking for a motivated Legal Assistant to join the B&P team in our Mississauga office. This position will be supporting two Professionals whose practices focus on trademark prosecution, opposition and enforcement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide assistance to professionals with due date management, running reports, and following-up with team regarding status of work as directed by the professional;
- Prepare and perform initial review of conflict searches before professional approval
- Prepare retainer letters;
- Prepare and upload by-law forms;
- Open and close files;
- Create name records and attach contacts as applicable;
- Assist with knockout searches, request registrability searches and format search opinions;
- Prepare correspondence to initiate changes of name/title (Canadian/Foreign)
- Review Confirmations of Change for accuracy and report;
- Prepare status reports and assist professionals with ad hoc projects;
- Assist professionals with audit checks;
- Process monthly prebills;
- Assist professionals with travel arrangements;
- Assist clerks with proofreading of lengthy documents, as requested;
- Maintain Interaction and contacts in Patricia;
- Edit documents and power point presentations re requested; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to B&P:
- Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate or Law Clerk Degree.
- Minimum two years’ relevant working experience in the trademark area is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (WORD, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong team player that demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to work independently.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes to: email@example.com. Please include "Legal Assistant - Mississauga" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Liam Bragg, Human Resources Generalist by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 416-957-1622.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.