Bereskin & Parr LLP (B&P) is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property law firms. We have approximately 240 firm members, including more than 80 lawyers, patent and trademark agents and students, with four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment.
We are currently looking for a motivated Billing Clerk to join the B&P team in our Toronto office. This position will support professionals throughout the billing cycle including processing invoices, monitoring the billing process and working with external e-billing service platforms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Billing support, including processing invoices, monitoring billing process and invoice distribution.
- Back up cash receipt desk, including posting of incoming cheques, wires, direct deposit and credit card payments. Research and investigation will be required to ensure correct postings of payments to the accounts.
- Back up disbursements such as associate fees, registrations, filings and search charges. Disbursement processing duties include validation of codes and authorization, running automatic uploads, working with external payment service provider and some manual entry.
- General filing and administrative upkeep.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring to B&P:
- Three to five years of relevant experience, law firm preferred
- Minimum college or university education in relevant field (accounting)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with all levels of staff
- Customer service focused
- Experience with Aderant accounting system an asset.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Billing Clerk - Toronto" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Liam Bragg, Human Resources Generalist by email (email@example.com) or by phone 416-957-1622.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.