Billing and E-Billing Clerk
Lenczner Slaght is widely recognized as Canada’s leading litigation practice. We are currently seeking a Billing and E-Billing Clerk to join the firm.
Under the leadership of our Chief Operating Officer, your core responsibilities will be to provide billing support to all lawyers and files in the firm. You will liase with people in all areas of the firm and therefore must be confident in dealing with people in all positions and use your strong accounting, communication and interpersonal skills to address and resolve issues. You must thrive in the fast-pace of a busy law firm, keep up-to-date with changes in the industry and take pride in delivering excellent customer service on tight deadlines.
In addition to other duties that may be requested from time to time, the specific duties in fulfillment of this role are described below.
- Maintenance of information on all e-billing platforms
- Preparation of all electronic bills
- Act as one of the primary contacts for all new and existing clients receiving electronic bills
- Processing the setup of all new e-billing clients
- Working closely with lawyers and other firm members to ensure proper submission and revising of budgets, rates and invoices on all e-billing platforms
- Assists with specific client billing preparation/submission processes
- Preparation of all bills, which includes generating the word document, saving the document in the firms Document Management system and advising of progress
- Ensuring billing information is in the proper format
- Ensuring billing rates are set properly and are programmed into the accounting system (both regular and alternative rates); processing updates to billing rates when required
- Responding to client queries regarding bills and invoices sent to them
- Assists with month end reporting
- Assists with updating dockets with changes that must be made for billing purposes, such as transferring of dockets and splitting dockets
Education and Experience
- High school diploma and a University degree or College diploma in accounting or business is required
- Minimum 4+ years of billing and/or accounting experience is required; experience in a law firm setting is preferred
- Extensive experience using and advanced understanding of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and legal accounting third party e-billing software and financial software such as TyMetrix, Collaborati, Serengeti, DataCert is required
Key Competencies Required
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting knowledge with a strong mathematical, data entry and numerical aptitude
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to learn new programs as they are introduced
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be analytical with a sound ability to problem solve and resolve conflict using multiple data sources
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail; must be able to handle time-sensitive tasks and materials and deal with them accordingly
- Confident and dependable
- Must be flexible and reliable in schedule
- Must be forward thinking and able to take initiative
- Must be comfortable and confident speaking to firm members in all positions regarding their bills
- Demonstrate friendly, cooperative aptitude and maintain a high level of collaboration; must have the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter addressed to Barbara Russell (Director, Human Resources) HERE.
Lenczner Slaght invites applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process.
Please direct all requests to:
Director, Human Resources