PPI Legal Assistant
Lerners LLP, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For ninety years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team in a 3 on 2 work share in our Plaintiff Personal Injury Group. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of previous experience working within the Plaintiff Personal Injury sector, be driven and able to work with little direction.
Organizes and expedites flow of work through Lawyer’s office
- Update and maintain Lawyer’s calendar
- Review all correspondence
- Digital dictation
- Prepares legal documents and briefs
- Communicates with others to schedule appointments, meetings, conferences and examinations for discovery
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing and billing
- Update databases when needed
- 3-5 years of previous legal assistant experience is required (preferably in PPI)
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated with ability to anticipate next steps and prepare documentation accordingly
- Good technology, keyboard and digital dictation skills are required
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Competence in proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Recognizes problems and abnormalities and may exercise judgement to resolve
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Work toward assigned objectives
- Primarily works independently
- Results of work reviewed with supervising lawyer on completion of assignment
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by Friday, June 7, 2019. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.