Ross & McBride LLP is Hamilton’s largest law firm with a rich history of commitment to our clients and our community.
We are a law firm with a purpose; a firm with aspirations to practice positive law by engaging in ethical leadership and by optimizing value for our clients, respect for our lawyers and employees, and advancing community and social betterment.
VALUE & PROFILE:
The Estates Practice Group at Ross & McBride LLP provides a wide range of services in estate planning, administration and litigation. The Group takes great pride in giving our clients concise, effective and timely advice to protect their legacy.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a lawyer with a minimum of 5 + years of experience to join our Estates Law group WITH exposure to:
- Preparation of estate plans, including wills of varying complexity
- Business succession planning including corporate reorganizations, estate freezes, asset and share sales as well as shareholder agreements
- Development of probate free and tax avoidance strategies
- Creation of charitable trusts and foundations, family trust, insurance trusts and gifting programs
- Creation of special needs to protect the elderly and disabled
- Development of special trusts like spousal and cottage trusts
- Creation of Powers of Attorney
- Preparation of international estate plans, and
- Conduct probate proceedings
- Prepare estate accounts
- Advise executors, trustees and beneficiaries
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- MINIMUM 5 + years of experience in the areas of Wills and Estates law
- License in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Highly organized, keen attention for detail and interest in working in an energetic environment.
- Solid drafting, research and writing skills.
We are offering:
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
- Bonus potential
- Group Benefits Package
- Heath and Wellness Membership
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A collegial and dynamic work environment which values work/life balance.
Please submit the following in confidence to Mr. Tim Parker, General Manager, via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover letter (1 page)
2. C.V. (no more than 2 pages)
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all. The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation in the application/interview process, please advise Mr. Parker by contacting him, directly.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.