Senior Accounting Clerk
Macdonald Sager Manis LLP is presently recruiting for a Senior Accounting Clerk.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
- 7+ years’ experience in a legal office accounting department
- Ability to take lead role in accounting department to include supervision & training of accounting staff and new employees
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines that include dealing with a busy real estate department with multiple closings every day
- Processing bi-weekly payroll, to include both staff & lawyer bonuses
- Preparation & collection of monthly tenant lawyer rental statements
- Monthly bank reconciliations, both trust & general accounts
- Filing H.S.T.
- Working with OM & Managing Partner in regard to annual LSUC reports and Law Pro filings
- Both month end and year end procedures to include running reports as well as all month/year-end adjustments and working with accountants when necessary
- A/P & A/R experience including, credit card payments & reimbursement to Partners
- Daily banking (as required) – includes on-line bank accounts to be monitored daily, and preparation of daily deposits, wires, and direct deposits (trust/general)
- Daily cheques for both trust & general, including real estate closings, etc.
- Petty cash
- Ability to prepare both PC LAW pre-bills and final client accounts
- Ability to draft client letters/emails as required
- Experience with collection calls, preparing and sending reminder statements to clients, and processing write offs
- High level knowledge of PC LAW Accounting program
- Be a self starter who is capable of working both independently and in a group setting
- Possess excellent oral & written skills
- Daily filing and other duties as assigned.
We offer group benefits and salary commensurate experience.
Please respond, in confidence to: Michelle Williamson, Manager, Administration & HR by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries or agencies, please.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all individuals. Should you require any accommodation during the application, interview or onboarding processes, please contact Michelle Williamson, Human Resources.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.