eDiscovery Services Specialist
Fasken is a leading international business law and litigation firm. Our firm’s 700 lawyers are located across offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. Providing strategic and thoughtful advice in all areas of business law, our broad range of clients include close to half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as corporate clients, government agencies, regulatory authorities, non-profit bodies and individuals.
We are a high-achieving, professional, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and friendly place to work. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and offer a welcoming environment for all people. While we are here to service our clients and are a deadline-driven industry, we look to be innovative, and there are opportunities to participate in initiatives which make a difference in our firm and community as well as to attend Firm social events.
Achieve excellence doing work that’s challenging and rewarding, with people you’ll like working with, in an environment that’s welcoming, supportive, entrepreneurial and innovative, where you’re a valued contributor, not just an employee. For additional information about the firm or this position, please visit our website at www.fasken.com.
E-DISCOVERY SERVICES SPECIALIST
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide hands-on litigation technology support and maintain quality and consistency in all E-Discovery functions. They will work closely with the EDS PM’s, e-discovery vendors, forensic experts, law clerks and lawyers on various types of electronic document disclosure projects. They will also assist with preparation of e-discovery estimates and budgets and will also work with the firm Finance team and the Director, E-Discovery Services to track and report on e-discovery client spend.
At Fasken, success means:
- Ability and flexibility to work within a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, with a focus on attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to exercise good judgement to resolve issues
- Having the ability to learn and utilize new computer applications on an expedited basis
- Strong client services skills and professional demeanour
- Manage Relativity, Summation iBlaze, LAW PreDiscovery and Firmex data repositories
- Manage new project intake, vendor proposals, estimates and invoices
- Assist with preparation of data analysis reports
- Provide e-discovery technology training and support
- Maintain project tracking, media and archive logs
- Manage hard copy document productions, including scanning, conversion, importing and objective coding
- Maintain quality assurance processes and procedures for all e-discovery matters
- Assist with all aspects of document production and review, including crafting searches, generating batches, tagging, linking, applying redactions, running analytics and search term reports, creating fields, tagging panels and views and preparation and validation of electronic load files for exchange
- Data import/export data from various sources
- Data archiving for closed or dormant matters
- Track and report on e-discovery disbursement billing process
- Provide support to e-discovery project managers and legal teams, when required
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A Law Clerk, Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of various litigation support and E-Discovery software applications (Relativity, Summation, LAW Pre-Discovery, Nuix, Trial Director)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Solid understanding of the Litigation process, specifically the Document Discovery Phase, Court Rules and Practices related to electronic document discovery
- Knowledge of the EDRM (Electronic Document Discovery Reference Model)
- Knowledge of the Sedona Canada Principles 2nd Edition.
This role reports to the Director, E-Discovery Services.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.