Litigation Law Clerk
Torkin Manes is a vibrant, growing, medium-sized firm located in downtown Toronto. Our 90 lawyers practise in all areas of business law and litigation.
We are seeking a Litigation Law Clerk to join the Torkin Manes’ team.
Position Title: Litigation Law Clerk
Position Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and draft, statements of claim, motion materials and any other court forms/documentation that may be required
- Draft correspondence and memoranda
- Order, review and summarize documents
- Prepare affidavit of documents
- Review transcripts and complete undertaking and refusal charts
- Assist with preparation for motions and trials
- Assemble case materials
- Manage e-discovery system
- Act as a liaison between lawyer/client and lawyer/opposing counsel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Law Clerk Diploma from an accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience working within a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of relevant statutes, regulations and Rules of Civil Procedures
- Experience working with large client files and e-discovery system
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Takes initiative and is able to work independently, following instructions with minimal supervision
- A team player who possesses solid communication skills
- Strong experience working with an e-discovery platform, preferably Case Logistix
- Experience using Automated Civil Litigation (ACL) software is an asset
- Strong technical skills. Microsoft Office 2007/2010 (Word, Outlook and Calendar) and Elite docketing software
- Familiarity using a document management system is an asset.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
Torkin Manes LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posting Date: January 11, 2018.