Training & Events Coordinator
We believe every Canadian deserves to work in a respectful, safe and harmonious workplace free of violence and harassment.
Through our related company, RT Workplace Training and Consulting Inc., we develop and deliver training programs that educate HR professionals and managers on a variety of employment law, workplace human rights, and workplace investigation topics. Our goal when providing our training services is to help employers manage their workplace problems more effectively, and to help them meet legislated or policy-driven obligations.
We currently have an opportunity for a Training & Events Coordinator to join our Team.
The Training & Events Coordinator is responsible for all aspects related to the smooth delivery of RT workplace training courses and firm events. Disciplined focus is required to reduce costs, drive efficiency and increase participation. Core responsibilities include oversight of training curriculum, event logistics, records management and data mining.
The incumbent must be highly personable, resourceful and organized. Ideal candidates possess a post-secondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study, a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence. Essential traits include having a solution-oriented focus, a sense of humour, and ability to communicate across all levels.
I. Training Curriculum & Material
- Assist with the drafting and execution of the annual training plan in collaboration with the WI Practice Lead.
- Assist Workplace Investigators with the preparation and ongoing maintenance of training materials.
- Ensure all training dates/locations including preparation lead time are scheduled in each WI calendar.
- Draft course abstracts for marketing purposes.
- Conduct research to help identify effectiveness of course offerings and suggested additions based on attendance, feedback from sessions, market/media trends and emerging legislation.
- Communicate status of training programs and attendance to internal stakeholders.
II. Event Logistics
- Source cost effective and appropriate venues nationally.
- Develop strong relationships with external venue contacts.
- Liaise with the firm’s IT support provider and external vendors to proactively identify and resolve any issues that might adversely impact the delivery of training.
- Maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Order and maintain all training related supplies.
- Schedule travel and accommodations for trainers.
- Assist, as required, with the planning of in-house CPD.
- Assist, as required, with the planning of firm internal social events.
- Logistics execution for all training programs and webinars including:
- Replication and distribution of training materials
- Participant enrolment
- Room setup – including equipment and pre-approved floor plan for external venues
- Catering requirements
- Maintenance of in-house training facilities
- Collection of feedback from in-class surveys, on-line and telephone calls.
III. Records Management
- Ensure storage of digital training files and presentations in accordance with firm policies.
- Up to date maintenance of curriculum and participant database in on-line event s/w and legacy systems.
- Accurate tracking and posting of expenses for Workplace Training.
- Serve as initial contact for new and existing clients, and update contact records accordingly.
- Assist with and track proposals and other training related business development initiatives.
- Develop and deliver a “keep in touch” protocol to increase outreach to prospects and awareness of training programs.
IV. Data Mining
- Review training feedback to assess instructional effectiveness and participant satisfaction.
- Maintain budget.
- Provide regular reports on status of training programs.
- Identify proactive tactics to increase attendees.
- Consistent ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Client service oriented and resourceful team player.
- Hands-on approach to deliverables.
- Solution-oriented focus and ability to identify process improvements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal awareness with a proven ability to foster strong relationships.
- Post Secondary diploma/degree in a related field.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of e-learning and social media platforms.
- Proficient with a broad range of software applications including:
- Automated event registration applications
- MS Office Suite
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team of professionals; however, only selected applicants will be contacted.
Rubin Thomlinson is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
If you have the required background and wish to work with an inspired team, please apply in confidence via email with a cover letter and résumé to Jan Chaffay
No Agencies Please.