Manager, Human Resources
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our over 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler is currently recruiting for a Manager for our Employee Relations & Talent Management team in the Toronto office. The Manager will effectively partner with people managers and HR teams to plan and deliver talent management solutions.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Counsels and advises people leaders in the resolution of a variety of employee relations matters, including leading investigations as required. Works with internal employment counsel to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Oversees the recruitment function for the Toronto office administrative staff and business professionals and provides support to other offices as required. Carries an active recruitment case load.
- Manages and administers all aspects of the performance assessment program for administrative staff and business professionals, including coaching people leaders, and providing technical support for the program.
- People management responsibilities including recruitment, on boarding, cross training, coaching, and salary administration.
- Creates, modifies and communicates relevant HR policies and procedures as required. Monitors compliance with employment legislation. Implements improvements to department processes and procedures in order to improve effectiveness.
- Monitors results and tracks metrics of delivered HR programs and workforce analytics.
Education and Experience
The position requires a university degree in a related discipline (e.g., human resources, business administration, etc.,) and seven to ten years of experience in Human Resources (including recruitment and employee relations). Experience in a people management role is an asset, as is experience in a professional services environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of HR legislation (e.g., Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, etc.) and practices and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Research, writing and analytical skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications.
- viDesktop experience is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date to:
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
P.O. Box 50, 1 First Canadian Place
Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
Closing Date: December 14, 2017
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.