Accident Benefits Practice Assistant – Insurance Defence
Aviva Trial Lawyers is currently seeking a practice assistant for our Mississauga office. As a practice assistant, you will be responsible for supporting our team of lawyers and litigation clerks in the handling of administrative tasks for insurance defence accident benefits matters.
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents of a technical and confidential nature, including opening letters to insureds
- Prepare basic legal documents for review by counsel (Notices of Intent to Defend, Notice of Change of Lawyer, Certificate of Service, LAT Responses, etc.)
- Open new matter records in matterMANAGER and ACL and ensure accuracy of data entry
- Ensure quick delivery of incoming communications, such as emails, faxes and mail, to the appropriate recipient
- Request payment on all invoices for the practice group
- Request filing fees for all new matters assigned to the team (i.e. Levy fees, initial pleading fees, etc.)
- Direct incoming files to addressees in a timely manner
- Electronically organizing documents, downloading documents from sharefile and titanfile, binding, printing, copying, burning CD’s and briefing
- Dicta-typing and filing
- Scheduling matters; booking travel; including flights, cars and hotels as needed
- Train new hires on cheque requisition procedure
- Supply ordering and distribution
- Prepare closed files for shipment to storage
- Minimum of 2+ years of legal administrative experience in an insurance defence or personal injury litigation environment
- Post-secondary accreditation for legal assistant or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including experience with MS Word, ACL, Adobe, and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and Court forms, FSCO, LAT, Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- Customer-service oriented with superb communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team
- Mature work ethic and good sense of humour.
When applying please ensure to reference the position, Accident Benefits Practice Assistant.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Aviva Trial Lawyers
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.