Founded in the 1920s and located in the heart of downtown Toronto’s business district, Gardiner Roberts LLP’s commitment to growth has been consistent, not only in developing its client base and practice capabilities, but in its approach to client service.
We are currently seeking a Billing Clerk who possesses a thorough knowledge using the Elite 3E software.
- Process pre-bills and final billings on a monthly or on-request basis
- Transfer time/disbursements according to lawyers’ instructions and firm guidelines
- Monitor and review billing systems to ensure the system is kept current
- Provide backup to Accounts Receivable Clerk as required
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due to compute fees and disbursements
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records
- Assist upper management with special projects or other tasks as required
- Data entry, filing, photocopying, organizing and reviewing records
- Must be able to work overtime if requested
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in law firms considered an asset
- Proficient knowledge of Elite3E
- A post-secondary Diploma/Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Works well individually and in a team within a very busy environment
- Must have initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
Interested candidates should send resumes to Kristin Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gardiner Roberts was named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada in 2017 by the Great Place To Work Institute.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above posting in an alternative format, please contact Kristin Hamilton, Human Resources Manager by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 416.865.6676.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.